Title: Influencer Marketing Director - Permanent
As Director of Social Media & Influencer Marketing, you will be responsible for bringing agency's offering and clients to life across multiple touchpoints in the followers daily lives, and creating narratives for multiple verticals. Reporting to the MD, this role is creative meets data. You will be responsible for partnering with PR, editorial and design to develop social media programming that fosters a deep sense of community and grows both brand engagement and revenue. You will manage a small team of social media managers and will collaborate closely with the agency's Video, Design, PR, and Marketing teams.
* Lead overall social content programming strategy, including curation & distribution of articles, and video on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & other social networks.
* Be cognizant of ROI and seek out opportunities to create social media and influencer activations and campaigns that both build brand and attract sponsorship opportunities.
* Implement an experimentation framework and develop data-driven insights to optimize content delivery that drives engagement across all accounts.
* Plan & execute innovative promotional and content-focused campaigns to drive growth and improve brand awareness.
* Partner with product marketing to launch new verticals and products in coordination with cross-functional teams & editorial staff.
* Be an evangelist and thought leader for social media across the company. Stay on top of the latest trends and best practices. Identify new social channels and create processes for where, when and how client's content can be distributed. Transform clients' perception of social & influencer marketing best practices.
* Build a team and culture that is constantly monitoring trends, testing new channels and ideas, and helping all key stakeholders understand what is working and why.
* Direct the creative and editorial operations of all social media content. Manage budget, team coordination, tools and processes to drive efficiency and cross-functional alignment.
* Analyze performance data and iterate to achieve optimal performance. Partner with the data and analytics team to continually evolve our understanding of what algorithm factors are driving the most impact.
* Collaborate with owners of other channels (paid, email, site, etc) to ensure alignment and consistency across the consumer journey.
* Ensure all social media posts align with voice, brand, and content tentpoles.
* Manage a team of four.
* You will launch our Infleuncer tools, processes and offering from Australia to the UK market
* You will contribute to new business pitches, while introducing the offering to existing clients
* You love social media marketing. You admire influencers and other marketers that are driving impact through innovative social best practices. You read social media marketing blogs in your spare time and daydream about hashtags, groups, live video and innovative campaigns.
* You are skilled at taking in a huge amount of seemingly unrelated data, ideas and random thoughts, and creating a focused Big Idea from the chaos. People are drawn to your inspired vision and want to rally around it. And bring it to life in execution.
* Strong ability to develop creative, clear, and engaging copy with an eye and instinct on what works on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, and Twitter. You can clearly articulate what posts belong on what channel and why.
* You understand that building a brand through social media starts with understanding your target audience. You're proactively listening to commentary on social, connecting with followers, reviewing the data, and looking for qualitative insights to influence and inform your social strategy and develop personas.
* You frame social media marketing strategy in the context of business goals and consumer needs. You consider ROI, business objectives, consumer need, and competitive differentiation as a part of every investment.
* You understand that your role is to provide strategic direction, not have tactical control. You have experience working cross-functionally to influence change. You're a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and able to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
* Detail-oriented and possessing organizational, time management, problem solving and communication skills.
* 6+ years of agency experience
* Demonstrated track record transforming social media into a strategic, brand and revenue generating channel.